In the span of a month my house has started to fall apart, it seems. Let’s see…
- The kids’ bathroom toilet is currently unusable due to something breaking in the tank, which prevents water from filling up.
- The draft around our front door has gotten really bad this winter (REPLACE THE GODDAMN DOOR is now officially on the summer to-do list).
- The kitchen faucet leaks a steady drip-drip unless you push the handle all the way down, then push up and to the right ever so slightly.
- The U pipe under the kitchen sink leaks a semi-steady teensy drip-drip (we have a towel beneath it to soak up water/moisture).
- First my washer was going batshit loud during the spin cycles. Dan removed a clog in the drainage area which fixed that, but three loads later, the washer started GIVING OFF SMOKE.
- The dryer is occasionally making squeaky sounds when it’s running.
We’re going to fix the toilet, kitchen sink, and maybe the faucet (not sure if this week’s budget is going to allow for the purchase of a new faucet) this week. As for the washer…is it bad that I’m hoping it was just a random old belt piece that got too close to the motor or new belt or something (when Dan took apart the washer yesterday evening he found scraps of the old belt, which was replaced two years ago)? I need my washer…but again: budget. Gah.
For what it’s worth, we’ve been in our home for six years now, so I guess these kinds of things are to be expected. But seriously, must it be all at once!?